Brolin Adds Private Document Folders to PortalProdigy
Posted on 9/17/2008
Brolin Corporation and Portal Prodigy, Inc. Announces Private Document Folders Feature
Irvine, CA – Sept 17, 2008 — PortalProdigy customers now have the ability to grant specified users (Security Groups) the right to view, add, and/or edit documents in a private folder (Document Category). It automatically assign the folder’s security rights to all documents uploaded to the folder. I.e. all documents added to the folder using the Add New Document page inherit the folder’s security settings. Private Folders are assigned to groups of people so they can share documents amongst their group. They can be used for projects, committees, teams, etc.
This enhancement also adds the following:
- Adds option to enable Version Control in New Document page.
- Adds option to enable Approval Processing for all documents added to a Private Folder.
- Removes Mini Web option from New Document page.
- When Version Control is set to “Yes” it includes Version Control Notes in the New Document and Update Document pages.
- Replaces the existing Upload Document page with a new Update Document page that is similar to the New Document page. The existing Upload Document page is used to replace an existing document and it only provides the option to browse and select a document and does not contain the fields found on the New Document page. Our objective is to provide the user with the ability to edit the information they originally entered when they added the document.
- When the user does not have rights to Administration of Documents, change the ‘Manage’ option on the Document Versions page to open the Update Document page rather than the administration Document Management page.
- Options to send email notifications when documents are added or updated in a private folder.
About Brolin Corporation
Brolin is a software developer, providing quality custom software solutions and software products. Brolin incorporated in 1994 with the objective of lowering the cost for quality software development. One of the steps to achieve this objective was to establish offshore development operations in the country of Bulgaria. Brolin established its software development operations in Sofia, Bulgaria in 1994 and since then has successfully completed many assignments for clients both large and small. Some of Brolin's well known corporate clients include Bank of America, CB Richard Ellis, Fleet Bank, Jones Lang LaSalle, Platinum Software, Sempra Energy, Siemens, Sun Microsystems, and Travelers Insurance.
Brolin has a strategic alliance with PortalProdigy as the developer of PortalProdigy's software.
Brolin Corporation Contact
Tel: 949.595.8300 Ext 100
About Portal Prodigy, Inc.
Originally incorporated as NonProfits Only, Inc. in 2001, Portal Prodigy, Inc., located in Robbinsville, NJ, is dedicated to providing products and services to small and medium businesses and nonprofit organizations. The company’s mission is to Isolate the best website features, processes and practices on the Internet and roll them up into a uniform, easy to implement and reasonably priced operating platform so its customers can leverage the web without complications, without programming, without headaches and without changing the way they do business. The company’s philosophy is simple:
· Build, maintain and constantly improve a feature rich system that is simple and easy to use.
· Keep the customer involved in the development, improvement and support process so it meets their needs.
· Preserve a fair and economical price.
· Sell one complete system instead of a core with expensive add-on modules.
· Build community.
Its flagship product comes complete and ready to go. No need to add modules. Just add personality and organizations are up and running instantly. Clients don’t even need to install expensive servers and bandwidth. Portal Prodigy runs the equipment for them. PortalProdigy makes Internet implementation simple, quick and easy.
Portal Prodigy Contact
Stephen M Reuning
Tel: 609.584.7747 Ext 202